Well, hello ho ho there! Welcome to a special holiday edition of The Captain’s Quiz!
I am Paul and I ask the questions you never thought you’d be asked. You are you and you answer the questions you never thought you’d be asked.
Need I say more?
No. I need not.
This is the final quiz of the year. Take your mittens off if you must. Don’t hold back.
- To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I see it.
- There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
- You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your response to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
- There are 3 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
- You have until Noon on Thursday, December 23 to participate. The results will be posted next Friday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. Santa Claus is on a health kick this holiday season. Instead of milk and cookies, what snacks would you leave out for him?
2. Picture your 8-year-old self. You are home alone during the holidays, when burglars try to break in to your house. What do you do?
3. Have you ever bought a gift for someone else that you wanted to keep for yourself? If so, what was it?
4. Which would you rather build: a snowman or a snow fort? Explain your decision.
5. It is your job to remind others to drive safely in treacherous winter conditions. Write a Public Service Announcement that will play on the radio this winter.
6. There is a holiday party at your workplace and everyone must bring in one dish of food to share. What are you bringing?
7. Someone got you a hippopotamus for Christmas because you insisted, “only a Hippopotamus will do”. How did they give it to you?
8. What advice would you give someone who isn’t good at wrapping presents?
9. In the movie, Home Alone, Kevin McCallister says, “Be sure to bundle up if you go outside. It’s a little nippy.” How do you stay warm when it’s cold?
10. Are you a Dasher or a Dancer? Why?
1. Santa is about to put you on the naughty list this year. Convince him he’s making a mistake and that you were a good person in 2021.
2. There have been allegations that Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer was bullied by his fellow reindeer. The North Pole calls you in to give the reindeer a stern talking-to. What do you say?
3. On the television show, The OC, Seth Cohen created Chrismukkah as a way to celebrate both Christmas and Hanukkah. Meanwhile, on Seinfeld, George Costanza’s family celebrates Festivus – a secular and non-commercial holiday – on December 23. Create your own alternate winter holiday and tell me all about it. What’s it called? What are the traditions? Who can celebrate?
Answers are due by Festivus – next Thursday, December 23 at Noon! Results will be posted on Christmas Eve.