Surprise! It’s time to play the game!
But first, I want to make sure you all read the title of this post as, “The Captain’s Quiz Fiiiive: Golden Rings.” Let’s all go do that quickly. Okay, very good.
I was going to type the title out that way, but it looked weird.
Enough dilly-dallying. Let’s get to it!
The theme of this quiz is: Famous Fives. You’ll be so tired of the number five by the end of this. I promise.
This could refer to groups that consist of five members, phrases that include five, or anything else associated with the number five. Not one, not two, not three, not four, but five.
Example: Five Golden Rings from the Christmas song, “Twelve Days of Christmas”.
- To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I see it.
- There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
- You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your response to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
- There are 3 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
- You have until Noon on Tuesday, November 23 to participate. The results will be posted next Wednesday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. The Fab Five were a group of all-freshmen starters for the 1991 Michigan men’s basketball team. What is something you immediately excelled at?
2. One Direction was a boy band that eventually went in five directions. If you were in a five person band, would you be the first one to leave? Why or why not?
3. Five Alive is a line of various fruit juice blends. Create a new drink and include any number (other than five) in its name. Tell me about the new drink.
4. In the mid-2000s, WWE Superstar John Cena had a weekly segment on WWE.com called, “Five Questions With The Champ” where he answered fan questions. If you were to send a celebrity five questions, who would it be and what would you ask?
5. The San Francisco 49ers have won five Super Bowls, with their last one coming in 1995. What is something from 1995 that you wish we still had and/or did in 2021?
6. When you type, “Where are the” into Google, what is the fifth autocomplete option?
7. The TV show, Breaking Bad, had five seasons. What is your favourite TV show and how many seasons does it have?
8. The PlayStation 5 has experienced supply issues due to a chip shortage. What are your top five potato chip flavours?
9. “Remember, remember, the 5th of November” is a line from the movie, V for Vendetta. What do you remember about November 5, 2021?
10. How would you explain the “high five” hand gesture to someone who doesn’t know what it is?
1. If you could be five-years-old for the next 24 hours, what would you do?
2. How many five-letter words can you type in two minutes? Do it, but don’t share the words with me. Your answer to this question will only be the number of words.
3. Tell me the story behind the fifth photo in your phone (or camera, computer, photo album).
Our reigning champion is Sabrina from Not-so-teenage Witch. Let’s see if she can hold onto the crown, or if one of you will take it from her.
Answers are due by next Tuesday, November 23 at Noon.
Best of luck!