Happy spooks and kooks, all you fools, ghouls, goblins, Batmans, and Robins! Welcome to a special Halloween edition of The Captain’s Quiz!
It may be my least favourite holiday – outside of the horror films and Halloweentown; hmm maybe I don’t dislike it as much as I thought – but that doesn’t mean I can’t get a Quiz out of the occasion.
So, come on in to my haunted house and take part in, The Captain’s Quiz 4: Under Your Bed.
Get it? Because monsters live under your bed. The title offers a frightful tone. Are you frightened yet?
BOO. How about now?
Let’s get to it.
If you’re new here. I do quizzes. Here are the rules.
- To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I can see it.
- There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
- You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your response to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
- There are 4 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
- You have until Noon on Tuesday, October 26 to participate. The results will be posted next Wednesday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. Rank your top five favourite Halloween candy and explain your choices.
2. In horror films, the victim normally runs upstairs while the killer is chasing them around the house. If you were to write a “what not to do” handbook for future characters in horror films, what would your chapter titles be?
3. If there was a monster under your bed, what would it look like?
4. I Know What You Did Last Summer follows a group of friends who are trying to keep the details of last summer under wraps, while being stalked by a killer with a hook. What is something you did this past summer that you did not share on social media?
5. If you were to provide a trick instead of a treat, what would your trick be?
6. How long can you wear a Halloween costume before wanting to change into something else? Please provide a specific amount of time.
7. What Halloween decoration could we, as a society, do without?
8. The songs, “Thriller” and “Monster Mash” have really cornered the market on “background-song-for-a-slideshow-of-student’s-Halloween-costumes”. What song was at the top of the Billboard Top 100 list the year you started high school? (You can find this on Google). Did you like the song?
9. What is your favourite Halloween-themed movie?
10. Bobbing for apples is a cliché party game that poses multiple health risks. If you threw a Halloween party, what activities would you provide?
1. Tell me a scary story.
2. Put two minutes on the clock. Type as much as you can about anything pumpkin related, before time expires.
3. List all the costumes you’ve ever worn for Halloween.
4. Are you a scarecrow or a jack-o’-lantern?
And that’s the quiz! Are you up to the task?
Our reigning, defending champion is Bill from A Silly Place. Will he retain his championship and turn his blog into a A Haunted Place, or will one of you step up and take the crown from him?
I guess we’ll find out soon enough.