1. Food trucks should drive around neighbourhoods but, instead of playing music to alert people, the driver uses a microphone to announce what foods they have onboard. Imagine hearing, “FRIES! PULLED PORK SANDWICHES! CAESAR SALAD!” coming down your street.
2. I didn’t want to bring it up at the time, but it felt like last week went, Monday-Wednesday-Wednesday-Wednesday-Friday.
3. Seedless grapes, that have seeds in them, have some nerve.
4. Libraries are great, but have you ever thought about how many people sneezed into the book you’re reading?
5. It bothers me when a famous person signs an autograph for a kid, but never looks at them.
6. I feel like we’ve been in the, “Vinyl is making a comeback!” phase for at least nine years.
7. Did Robin Hood’s friends ever call him, “Rob”?
8. I can’t believe I watched every episode of the musical version of.
8.25 The series they have planned for the summer better delve into the early years of the show.
8.5 I need a two-hour deep-dive into Jen Schefft winning her season, only to come back as the next bachelorette, reject a proposal from the guy she picked, and break up with him before the season finished airing.
8.75 2005 was the wild, wild, west in Bachelor land.
9. Everyone should know who Henry The Duck is, specifically the story: “Henry’s Important Date”. Look it up.
10. There was a play in the 2001 NBA Playoff series between Philadelphia and Toronto where Allen Iverson subtly dragged his pivot foot and moved about 3-4 feet without dribbling. Travelling was not called. No one noticed.
10.5 I rewound it four times just out of respect for the brilliance.
11. If you flip backwards through Instagram stories, you won’t see any ads.
12. The beginning of Jerry Seinfeld’s latest Netflix special is reminiscent of how Jeff Probst used to transport the final votes back to America in the early seasons of.
13. Why does America always have to declare war on everything?
14. Carlos Delgado’s swing was a thing of beauty. It had so much torque in it. I thought he deserved to be in the Hall of Fame, but I might be biased.
14.5 Look at his stats, though. Thirteen consecutive monster seasons. What more do you want?
15. My theory as to why the writers of Outer Banks named the main character, John B., is this: They wanted to name him Johnny, but that would come across as too childish. And since his antics could already be misconstrued as childish, they didn’t want to re-enforce that theme in our head. So, they went with John B. because it sounds similar, but the inclusion of the middle initial makes him sound like a historical figure from 1697, whom we should respect.
15.5 This probably isn’t the reason.
16. We need to bring back the phrase, “Good night, nurse.”
17. Social media is the day-to-day equivalent to a school yearbook.
18. It’s crazy how everyone has the exact same thoughts regarding IKEA.
19. I have lost about 4 lbs. since I started sleeping on the floor two weeks ago. I hope this doesn’t mean I have to start a fitness account on Instagram.
20. Dr. Phil is the most infuriating contestant on the celebrity version of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION, PHILIP.
21. It is not a meal from McDonald’s unless there are fries. I don’t make the rules.
22. More people should start a blog. It forces you to discover things about yourself you never knew existed within you. Plus, you become friends with people all over the world which is cool.
23. I still sing the Mighty Machines theme song to myself.
24. My favourite display of team camaraderie was when most of the players on the Toronto Raptors wore purple headbands during the 2001 NBA Playoffs.
24.5 Just warms my heart.
25. Everyone thirty and younger is a kid and everyone older than that is a professional adult.
26. Is there a more unsanitary sport than baseball? From experience, your hands are covered in dirt the whole time, and if they aren’t, you make sure they are.
27. Life would be simpler if dust didn’t exist.
28. Shad Gaspard was a former wrestler for the WWE and was in a tag team called, Cryme Tyme. They were great. Sadly, Shad got caught in a riptide yesterday and when lifeguards went out to help, he directed them to save his son first. Shad is still missing. It’s a sad story, yet a heroic one.
29. I saw a person walk down the street in a zig-zag formation, as if they were a race car trying to warm their tyres.
30. How many words can you spell, using only the letters in the word, “Weather”? I got up to 18 in about 25 seconds.
30.5 Google says THERE ARE 111 WORDS.
31. The MLB on TSN theme song is my childhood.
32. My Nonna is so confused by my ankle socks.
33. I am forever in need of someone with which to play catch.
34. Karen, the neighbour in, is absolutely hilarious.
35. I looked up the main premise ofand, basically, it’s Mario saving Peach from Bowser, but with weird costumes. Who knew?
36. It is incumbent upon bloggers to introduce their readers to bloggers who don’t yet have a huge following. That being said, go check out Toni’s blog and give her a follow!
37. I am very satisfied with the winner of this season of Survivor. My pre-season pick to win came in second.
38. I am a big fan of commemorative patches on sports jerseys. The Maple Leaf Gardens – Memories and Dreams patch is one of the best.
39. There has been an uptick in the number of TV shows that have a “money laundering” storyline.
40. I tried ramen the other day, for the first time. My throat was on fire for 20 minutes.
41. The hope is that all the bad days prepare us for the good days.
42. Nothing gets people out of the house more than the presence of a fire truck on their street.
43. Can you have pomp without circumstance?
44. Remember when “Somebody That I Used To Know” came out and the song and music video felt like a glimpse into the future of the music industry? I think we were wrong.
45. Season 3 of Dynasty hits Netflix in four days. You should watch it.
46. Nocciola means “hazelnut” in Italian. Uovo means “egg”. This has been your Italian Translation of The Day. Now go make pasta from scratch.
47. I need more Japanese game shows in my life.
48. Vince Carter got so much flack for attending his college graduation the morning of Game 7 against the 76ers in 2001, yet in the fourth quarter, the commentators said it didn’t look like Carter’s play had been affected by his decision.
49. I would love to give a speech at a university/college graduation some day, just so I can avoid using every motivational cliché.
50. “I know there’s someone out there feeling just like I feel. I know they’re waiting up, I know they’re waiting to heal. And I’ve been holding my breath, are you holding your breath, for too many years to count?”