I knew it had been a long time since the last Captain’s Quiz, but I didn’t realize the last one was in January! Someone should’ve said something. Oh, you did? Okay.
The title of this quiz is: “Summer Side Up” which is a play on “Sunny-side up”, except this has nothing to do with eggs, but everything to do with summer being associated with the sun and…you get it.
The questions in this quiz will all be related to Summer, in some way.
Let’s do it.
HOW TO PLAY
- To participate, answer the questions below in a blog post of your own and link it back to this post so I see it.
- There are no right or wrong answers; there are only answers. Feel free to provide as many, or as few details as you want, at your own peril.
- You will receive a score of 1, 3, or 5 points for your responses to the 10 Questions. Your answers may unlock hidden bonus points, so answer wisely.
- There are 3 Bonus Questions. The scoring for them will be kept a secret until the final results are posted.
- Next Wednesday, August 31 is the last day to participate. The results will be posted next Thursday.
THE 10 QUESTIONS
1. You are going camping at a campground for four days and three nights. Does this excite you, or fill you with dread? Explain.
2. They say that, “Sally sells seashells by the seashore”. How much money do you think Sally makes on a Saturday in July, and do you think her business should be set up elsewhere?
3. The ideal temperature for sleep is approximately 18°C (65°F). What are five tips you have for staying cool while sleeping?
4. In Season 4 of The O.C., Summer Roberts adopts a pet rabbit and names her Pancakes. What animal would you adopt and what breakfast food would you name it after?
5. SummerSlam is an annual professional wrestling event produced by the WWE. Thinking of yourself as a wrestler, provide the following information: your wrestling name, your character traits, your catchphrase, and the name of your most devastating maneuver.
6. What is a frozen dessert you enjoy eating outside? On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the messiest), how messy is it?
7. You are standing in an above ground swimming pool and your sunglasses fall to the bottom. How do you retrieve them?
8. “Walking on Sunshine” is an upbeat song by Katrina And The Waves. What songs would be on your summer playlist?
9. What are the pros and cons of patio dining?
10. What is a summer job you have had and how long did you remain friends/in-touch with your co-workers after the job ended?
1. You have entered the food truck business. Tell me about your new venture and your strategy to dominate the market.
2. You are going on a summer road trip and can take one person with you. It can be absolutely anyone. Tell me about the trip.
3. What are some of your favourite summer memories?
Renata is our reigning, defending champion. Will she still be champion next Thursday, or will one of you step up?