Welcome to Week 2 of The Blogger Games! Before I reveal this week’s theme and questions, we’re going to take a look back at Week 1 and see who made it onto the podium.
Week 1 – Food
1. At which restaurant did the waiter pour ice cubes down my back?
A) Red Lobster
B) Pizza Hut
C) Swiss Chalet
D) The Cheesecake Factory
Correct: Aaron, T, Catsandcoffee
I don’t remember how old I was – 12 or under. It my best friend Chris’ birthday party. The waiter picked up my glass to fill it with ice, but they had pour aim and the ice cubes ended up down my shirt. They apologized WHILE THE ICE CUBES WERE STILL FALLING. I don’t know why they poured ice cubes separate from the beverage, but I’m thankful.
2. Which of the following fell out the bottom of a takeout container and onto the sidewalk?
B) Noodles and Honey Garlic Chicken
C) Burger and Fries
D) Chicken Noodle Soup
Correct: Catsandcoffee, Meghan
I was about 20 steps away from my university residence when I felt my hand burning. I looked at it and I was bleeding? Nope. It was pasta sauce. I lost a few penne on the ground and kept pressure on the wound (hole in the box) until I got to my room. What a mess. I triple or quadruple boxed every pasta after that.
3. Which condiment would I never put on a hotdog?
D) Hot Peppers
Correct: Aaron, Monty
I like ketchup with fries. That’s it. Can’t put it on a hotdog or hamburger. Hot peppers rings in a jar, or hot pepper relish, go good on a hotdog.
4. Which is my favourite donut chain?
A) Krispy Kreme
B) Tim Horton’s
C) Coffee Time
D) Country Style
Correct: T, Catsandcoffee
Country Style isn’t as big as Tim Hortons, but their donuts are delicious. They stay fresh, longer. They rarely stick to the bag. I love them.
5. As a kid, I would make a “Saturday Night Drink” that consisted of: ice, lemon slices, and which soft drink?
A) Ginger Ale
D) Diet Pepsi
Correct: Catsandcoffee, Monty, rebbit7
No story here, it was Ginger Ale.
6. Where did I eat watermelon for the first time?
A) After my softball game
B) Field Trip
C) Friend’s Birthday
D) In the street playing road hockey (snack break)
It was a Grade 6 field trip to an amusement park. Someone’s mom brought watermelon cubes in a plastic container. They were delicious. I ate them while watching people line up at a pizza place and overpay for one slice. Probably the only time in my life I didn’t want pizza.
7. Which food did I mispronounce to a cafeteria worker at school?
A) Rhubarb Pie
B) Provolone Cheese
D) Potato Wedges
I pronounced it as, “Potato Wedgies”. The person said, “What?” I corrected myself, “Potato Wedges”. I walked out of there so fast.
8. Which dessert did I drop on the floor at a buffet?
C) Ice Cream
D) Lemon Bar
Correct: T, Meghan
I put two little brownie squares on a small plate and turned to go back to my table. I was initially holding the plate in my right hand, but went to hold it in my left hand. When my left hand grabbed hold of the plate, I guess I grabbed it too forcefully and it tilted and the brownies fell on the floor. An employee saw the whole thing and told me they’d take care of it. I put two more brownies on my plate and got out of there fast. Notice a theme?
9. Which of the following cereals have I never had?
A) Cinnamon Toast Crunch
B) Corn Flakes
D) Rice Krispies
Correct: T, rebbit7, Meghan
Corn Flakes are my favourite cereal. I’ve only ever had shreddies without milk, to snack on. Rice Krispies make too much noise and have marginal taste.
10. When I got braces, which food did I start cutting in half before eating?
C) French Fries
Correct: Aaron, T, Monty, Ben, rebbit7
My teeth hurt and in addition to braces, they also put bite pads in my mouth, which made it awkward to bite with my back teeth. Biting an entire grape was difficult, so I cut them in half. That’s also when I learned that mashed bananas are good.
1. T – 5
2. Aaron – 4
2. Catsandcoffee – 4
4. Monty – 3
4. rebbit7 – 3
4. Meghan – 3
7. Ben – 1
UPDATE: Initially, I thought there was a three-way tie for first. However, I miscalculated and failed to give T all the points she had earned. Therefore, T wins gold, and Aaron and Catsandcoffee share silver.
No bronze will be handed out. Those are the rules, don’t be mad at me.
Let’s take a look at the Medal Tally!
WEEK 2 – SPORTS
1. In Grade 6, I was the captain of which intramural team?
A) Floor Hockey
C) Indoor Soccer
2. Which jersey number did I wear in my first year playing softball?
3. Which piece of sporting equipment do I not currently have in my bedroom?
B) Lacrosse Ball
C) Tennis Ball
4. Which sport have I never attended in-person?
5. At the first baseball game I ever went to, what did I eat?
6. Which hockey team’s jacket did I not own as a child?
A) Colorado Avalanche
B) Toronto Maple Leafs
C) Detroit Red Wings
7. Which ball has never hit me in the face?
A) Soccer Ball
8. In university, I participated in this intramural sport…
A) Ultimate Frisbee
9. I tore ligaments in my fingers playing this sport…
10. Which baseball player was on the cover of my favourite video game?
A) Derek Jeter
B) Albert Pujols
C) Manny Ramirez
YOU SHARE: Did you play any sports growing up? What did you like/dislike about gym class? Which sports do you like to watch/follow? Have you ever gotten hurt playing sports? Anything else about sports you’d like to share?
TO PLAY: Answer the questions in a blog post of your own. You don’t have to provide commentary with your answers. You may put your answers in bold or italics.
If you did not participate in Week 1, you can still participate in Week 2!
Yes, I made it easier this time with only three options to choose from.
The last day to submit your answers is next Tuesday, August 10.