This week on The Bachelor: there are some dates, there are some disagreements, and there are some cookies. Let’s get right into it.
- Victoria and Anna are out for a walk and are complaining that the house was great until the new girls arrived.
- They walk by two new girls (also on a walk) and no one says anything. This is a petty high school drama.
- We have a New Girls vs. OG feud.
- Level-headed, Katie, planted the seed in Matt’s head in the last episode, that girls are being mean in the house.
MATT ADDRESSES THE GIRLS
- Matt says he wants to talk about the bullying in the house and “mob mentality”, as well as the rumours that are being spread.
- This is like when your teacher would shut the door and have a serious chat with the class and use the words, “I don’t want to see or hear of it again” but they don’t bring up anything specifically, everyone just knows what they’re talking about.
- Matt and Brittany walk away for a chat and Anna knows Matt’s speech was about her. Now, she wants to know who told him.
- Brittany tells Matt the rumour going around about her. Anna started it.
- Matt apologizes for that happening.
- MJ is telling Anna that she has no idea what’s going on right now. Really?
- Anna is telling us she said something that was rude about Brittany. Anna is now talking to Matt.
- Anna says she is upset with herself and immediately felt horrible about spreading a rumour about Brittany.
- Matt says she’s not a horrible person, but he has a responsibility to everyone else to follow his heart. Therefore, Anna will be going home.
- Matt wants this to be a safe space for the women, as it should be. This show is hard enough as it is.
- “One dumb decision can take you down.” – Anna
- Meanwhile, Chelsea asks the new girls if they think the environment in the house is toxic because she doesn’t think it’s toxic.
- Can we launch the word “toxic” into the sun?
- Torontonian, Serena P., is the first of the OGs to apologize, even though she wasn’t the problem. What a good person.
- Victoria now apologizes to Catalina for stealing her crown on night one. Catalina isn’t buying it.
- “It’s too late to apologize.” – One Republic, 2008
- New Girl, Ryan, tells Matt that there are constant “digs” from Victoria.
- Victoria finds out about this from Ryan, and says she’s never malicious, only playful.
- IS THIS A DATING SHOW OR HAS THAT BEEN CANCELLED?
- Matt sits down with Victoria and calls her out on her use of words towards other women. Victoria has nothing to say. She thinks it’s crazy that people think she makes the house toxic.
- “I never want to ever be called a bully or toxic.” – Victoria
- Victoria goes outside to talk to the producers and says, “I’m literally the best option for him.”
THE ROSE CEREMONY
- The first rose goes to Brittany. Good.
- Ryan gets the second rose. He’s giving the New Girls the first two roses. Message sent.
- Rachael, Serena P., Magi, Kit, MJ, Jessenia, Katie, Abigail, and Chelsea receive roses.
- The final rose goes to Serena C.
- Victoria is going home, as is Catalina. No more Queens in the castle.
- Victoria says she feels sorry for Matt that he would listen to hearsay instead of all the facts. No goodbye hugs.
ONE-ON-ONE DATE (Rachael)
- A driver picks up Rachael to take her to Matt.
- Celebrity stylist, Ty Hunter, is there to help them pick out clothes. There are macarons on a table with wine.
- The first black and yellow dress Rachael tries on is a hit. Everyone likes it. She continues to try on dresses and settles on an orange one, with orange heels.
- “I’ve never had a pair of shoes over $40.” – Rachael
- Rachael walks back into the house with about 17 shopping bags.
- The driver drops off a blue dress for dinner.
- The girls who haven’t had a one-on-one yet are finding it hard seeing others be so happy with “their boyfriend.”
- If you haven’t had a one-on-one by the end of Episode 5, you ain’t the one.
- She’s wearing a blue dress and he’s wearing a blue suit and if the dinner music isn’t inspired by Eiffel 65, it’ll be a missed opportunity.
- Rachael says she doesn’t have a lot of confidence in herself a lot of the time and thinks Matt is out of her league.
- She’s worried that her self-doubt will push someone away. Matt says it’s pulling him in.
- Matt loves that she’s not the loudest, and not the first to run up to him, but she’s subtle.
- Rachael says she is already completely falling in love with him. Oh??
- Matt says he feels the same way. He says he’s falling in love with her.
- All right, send everyone else home. Turn the lights off, the party is over. Let’s make Serena P., Brittany, Bri, Katie, or Abigail the next bachelorette, and call it a day.
- Of course, Rachael receives a rose.
- They head outside and hop in a chariot, pulled by one horse. I guess even the horses are social distancing?
GROUP DATE (Serena P., Bri, Katie, Pieper, Serena C., Ryan, Michelle, Brittany, Magi, Abigail, Chelsea, Jessenia, and MJ)
- They’re off to the farm! Farmer Ty is there to walk them through farm activities because only people named Ty can be chaperones this week.
- Cut to a montage of the girls shovelling hay and dumping wheelbarrows. And now they’re picking up after the animals. Fun!
- Time to start milking a goat!
- And now it’s time to collect eggs from the chicken coop. MJ is freaking out.
- Matt tosses MJ an egg and it breaks in her hands. Hey, I’ve done an egg toss before! I have soft mitts, so of course it didn’t break in my hands.
- Pieper pulls Matt aside to make out. MJ sees them and tells everyone else.
- This is a lose-lose situation all around. Matt has to show affection to everyone, but can’t because there are a baker’s dozen of them, so then people feel left behind.
- Matt pulls Chelsea aside first. She says she’s awkward around boys. He says he’s happy she’s here.
- Abigail, Ms. First Impression Rose herself, deserves more time with Matt. She is talking to him now.
- She says her biggest fear is that she’s going to disappoint him. She says if she has a family, there is a good chance her children would be deaf. She says her birth-dad walked out on her family.
- Matt says he can relate to growing up without a dad.
- Matt says he admires her. She feels better than before their chat.
- Michelle tells him being on a group date is going to take some practice, since she arrived as a New Girl and immediately went on a one-on-one date.
- Matt sits down with MJ to circle back on the drama in the house. He says her name came up as someone who was an antagonist and makes girls feel like outsiders.
- MJ: “I lead by example. If I see something, I’m going to make peace and harmony.”
- MJ goes right back to tell the girls and wants to have a conversation. Jessenia says she mentioned MJ’s name.
- “Keep my name out of your mouth.”
- Voices are being raised. Nothing is resolved.
- The group date rose goes to Abigail.
ONE-ON-ONE DATE (Kit)
- The date card said, “Dinner at my place?” and Kit got emotional because she had told Matt that her happy place is in the kitchen with her mom.
- Make a pizza. Make a pizza. Make a pizza. Make a pizza. Make a pizza.
- Matt has been cleaning the house all day because Kit is a “fashionista” and he has to make sure he’s on top of his game.
- Matt says when he goes to a restaurant, he’ll order dessert first. Hey! I do/did that at buffets, sorta. Always throw a dessert on your first plate. Thank me later. Actually, buffets are probably obsolete by the time the world gets back to normal.
- “The secret to chocolate chip cookies is chocolate.” – Kit
- They’re making cookies. FOR DIN DINS?
- Matt has two islands in his kitchen, if you care. I mentioned this in an earlier episode, too.
- Kit says cooking with her mom really bonded them.
- Matt likes being around Kit because everything she brings to the table is 100% Kit.
- Kit receives a rose.
THE NEXT DAY
- There’s a knock at the door. It’s a card.
- It’s for MJ and Jessenia. Matt wants to know the truth and wants to meet with them before the cocktail party.
- MJ: “Big hair, big hoops, big energy tonight.”
- MJ is fuming tonight.
- “This is embarrassing. I’m embarrassed to be here, but I’m here because you said my name…I preach harmony…peace.” – MJ
- She says this while yelling at Jessenia.
- Jessenia calmly responds by saying MJ is the one who started using the phrase, “JV vs. Varsity” when referring to the New Girls and OGs.
- They are now fighting with words.
- “I am done with this conversation.” – This sentence is uttered on every season
- Matt has arrived and the episode is over. Great, we get to do this all over again next week!
Next week: More drama!
Thanks for reading!
What did you think of this episode?