Close your textbooks and clear your desks because it is time for the inaugural Captain’s Quiz! I want a nice, clean quiz. No cheating. No peeking. No speaking. No drinking. No clinking. No blinking. No dashing.
I feel like I’m naming Santa’s reindeer now.
Okay, I will allow some blinking. But only some!
If you are confused by what’s about to happen, go back and read THIS post from last week.
Rules & Format
This is not a normal quiz. These questions may not have a right answer, nor may they have a wrong answer. However, they will always have an answer.
We start out with The First 10. These are 10 Questions. Each worth a maximum of 1 Point. I will determine if you shall receive: 1 , 0.5, or 0 points.
Some of the questions may have hidden bonus points. Your answer may, or may not, unlock them.
In today’s quiz, we end with 3 Bonus Questions. Each one is worth a maximum of 3 Points. I will determine if you shall receive: 3, 2, 1, or 0 points.
These are not trick questions. Do not overthink it.
You may answer these questions in a blog post of your own, linking back to this one so I can mark it.
Or, you may answer the questions in the comments section below. However, doing so may not allow you to fully maximize your response to some questions. You will forfeit those points.
YOUR ANSWERS MUST BE IN BEFORE NEXT WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 27, AT NOON.
The results, and winner, will be announced on Thursday, January 28.
I think it’s time to begin. Are you nervous? Good.
THE FIRST 10
- In the movie, Space Jam, Daffy Duck sneaks into Michael Jordan’s house to pick up his lucky basketball shorts. What animated character would you trust with your personal belongings and why?
- What is the chorus of your favourite song?
- Complete the sentence: I wish I could ________.
- The singer, Meat Loaf, said he would do anything for love, but he won’t do that. In general, what are three things you won’t do?
- What is the worst thing about pockets?
- Should I be concerned about your most recent Google search?
- If there was an eighth day of the week, what would it be called, and where would you place it amongst the other seven?
- When you look in the mirror, what do you see behind you?
- You can have dinner with any three people in the world, but you must dine at a fast-food restaurant. Who are you bringing and what does each person (including yourself) order off the menu?
- Think of a word (in English) and create a new, alternate spelling for it. What is the new word you have created?
- On a sheet of paper, draw your happy place. Do not include words or numbers. You have 60 seconds to do this. Share the picture in your blog post.
Note: If the picture looks like you took more than 60 seconds, you will receive a zero.
Double Note: Do NOT tell me what it is. I will ask you when I’m ready.
- Text someone, “Knock Knock”. What is their reply?
Note: A screenshot isn’t required, but if I think you’re lying about their response, you will receive a zero.
- In your place of residence, pick up a book and turn to Page 50. What is the third sentence on that page and how does it relate to your life?
Note: If Page 50 doesn’t have a third sentence, try again on Page 73.
Double Note: If Page 73 doesn’t have a third sentence either, just hit yourself with the book. I give up.
Thank you for participating in the inaugural Captain’s Quiz! I really have no idea how this thing is going to go, so hopefully it goes well!
I’m looking forward to reading your answers, whether they’re on your blog, or in the comments.
Again, if you want to be eligible to be crowned the winner, have your answers in by next Wednesday, January 27, at Noon. What’s Noon for you is Noon enough for me.
Don’t ask me what you win. I haven’t thought that far ahead.
There may not be a prize; aren’t bragging rights enough?
See you next Thursday for the results!