Welcome to Episode 3 of this season of The Bachelor. Last week’s episode ended during the middle of the Rose Ceremony. Let’s pick things up there.
- With six roses left to hand out, Sarah faints. Matt takes her outside for some fresh air.
- Some of the girls aren’t so sympathetic and aren’t happy with the extra attention she’s getting from Matt.
- SHE FAINTED. HAVE A HEART. GEESH.
- Khaylah receives a rose.
- Mari, MJ, Anna, and Kaili also receive roses.
- The final rose goes to Queen Victoria.
- Which means Marylynn is going home, after Victoria made her out to be a villain, which she wasn’t.
THE NEXT DAY
- Chris Harrison walks in like he’s ready to head up to the cottage.
- He says Matt has trouble feeling uncomfortable, so he has planned some uncomfortable dates for him. How thoughtful.
- This week, there will be two group dates and one one-on-on date.
GROUP DATE (Rachael, Bri, Lauren, Kit, Serena C., Queen Victoria, Khaylah, Anna, Kaili, and Katie)
- Ashley I. from a former season is on today’s date, reading lines from Chris Harrison’s book. Available now, and for the last five years, wherever you get your books!
- Today, the women will be writing their own love scene for Matt.
- The word “steamy” has been used. Cross it off your Bingo card if you have it.
- They will be reading their scene in front of a live studio audience, which will probably just be the girls not on the date.
- Well, this is about to get uncomfortable.
- Matt goes first and tells a story about a girl smelling chocolate cake in the kitchen. No word if it was Betty Crocker or Duncan Hines.
- Anna is next and tells a story called, “The Fantasy Suite”.
- Basically, they’re all reading their stories to Matt, as he sits right next to them on stage, and Chris Harrison and Ashley I. are on their own couch cracking up.
- Queen Victoria calls the girls “vanilla”. Uh-oh, here we go.
- Lots of censored words in her story. I’m skipping ahead.
- After having a one-on-one date with Matt, Sarah is finding it hard hearing all of these things being said to Matt.
- Rachael tells Matt she was super uncomfortable, but he says he enjoyed her story, and likes how their relationship is progressing.
- Bri and Matt are on the same page in regards to keeping the intimate part of their relationship private.
- Meanwhile, Sarah (who is not on the date) feels emotionally exhausted and it kills her to know that he’s having special moments with other women.
- Sarah is crashing the date and stealing Matt away from a conversation with Katie.
- Katie goes back to tell the girls that Sarah is there.
- Sarah tells Matt that it’s been harder than she expected, when Katie returns to ask if they’re done and if she can have her time back.
- Sarah says she’ll bring him back in five minutes. Katie wants him back in two minutes.
- Katie steps out and comes back in saying she’s just trying to get her time on her group date. And now she sits down next to them.
- This show is so ridiculous.
- Sarah goes to apologize to the other women for stealing their time. They don’t seem to be accepting her apology.
- On one hand, it’s a group date with ten people, what’s one more?
- On the other hand, Sarah already had a coveted one-on-one date and has had, arguably, the most time with Matt out of anyone. So, maybe don’t crash a group date?
- Sarah is outside giving an interview and Victoria and Katie interrupt it to try and figure out why she is there.
- “Find a different time to talk to him.”
- I’m getting a headache.
- The group date rose goes to Rachael.
- Anna is upset that Matt hasn’t even talked to her yet.
ONE-ON-ONE DATE (Serena P.)
- It’s the Torontonian’s time to shine!
- Matt comes in to pick up Serena P., but sits down to talk about Sarah crashing the after party. He looks around and Sarah isn’t there.
- It’s the Home Alone 2 scenario all over again.
- Sarah’s not here. Sarah’s not here. Sarah’s not here. Sarah’s not here. SARAH!!!
- Matt says he’ll be five minutes, and goes to look for Sarah, who is laying in bed. The girls complain that it’s been longer than five minutes.
- Note to anyone going on this show in the future: BRING A STOPWATCH.
- The girls think Sarah is playing on Matt’s kindness and playing up the whole, “sharing you with other women is really hard” thing.
- I don’t know if that’s true.
- I also don’t know what they want her to do. Mingle with the group? None of them like her right now. Would you mingle with a group of people who don’t like you?
ONE-ON-ONE DATE, TAKE 2 (Serena P.)
- They are riding horses.
- And it’s time for a picnic.
- Matt says she needs to show him how to make a charcuterie board.
- What’s there to show? You put the cheese next to the meats…
- Back to the action. A family of donkeys has interrupted their kiss.
- Matt had a pet turtle as a kid and Serena thinks that is so weird.
- Serena is “falling in like” with Matt.
- Serena is very normal, and likeable, and is representing Toronto well.
- They don’t even pretend to eat the food anymore. I am crushed.
- I zoned out, but they both really like each other.
- It’s time to hop in a wooden hot tub. Yes, it’s the same one they used on a date last week.
- Matt’s bathing suit has turtles on it.
BACK AT THE HOUSE
- The next date card has arrived and Sarah finally emerges, to the surprise of everyone.
- Sarah apologizes to the women she interrupted last night. She also apologizes for not coming downstairs until now.
- The girls are all taking turns letting Sarah know they don’t appreciate her stealing Matt away from them all the time.
- The words “calculated”, “manipulative”, and “toxic” have been uttered. Surely, someone has a Bingo! by now. Anyone?
- There are 22 minutes left in this episode. I am suffering.
- Sarah sits down with Katie and tells her she’s going to leave. Katie tells her she should stay because she doesn’t want to be Matt’s backup, if what he and Sarah have is real.
- Sarah opens up about what her Dad is going through. Katie says her Dad passed away in 2012. All the tears are flowing.
- That was the most mature conversation this season.
- Katie tells everyone that she talked to Sarah this morning.
- “She realized that this is not for her. She also has a really big family thing as well that’s looming over her, so she went home today.”
- She reminds the women to stay classy during this process because they don’t know each others’ stories.
SARAH SAYS GOODBYE TO MATT
- Sarah is at Matt’s house.
- Sarah says she feels completely alone here, was attacked by so many women in the house, and doesn’t feel welcome.
- Matt says he doesn’t want to lose her.
- It’s too little, too late. Sarah says she’s decided to go home.
- As Matt walks her out, we see that Matt has two islands in his kitchen. Is there going to be a cooking competition, Masterchef style, at some point? What is the meaning of this?
- Sarah in the car: “This isn’t the best Sarah, and Matt deserves the best. I gave it my all. I just can’t do this.”
- I still can’t believe he sent Saneh home in the first episode.
The preview for next week reveals that five new girls are showing up. That should be chaotic.
Thanks for reading!