Happy Wednesday, to those who celebrate!
As the title of this post suggests, there will be thirty questions that will be posed. Hopefully, my answers to them will give you a deeper insight into who I am. If not, this will have been a tragic waste of time.
I’d like to thank Bill from A Silly Place for starting this whole thing and nominating me to continue it. I had a lot of fun answering these questions and only had three existential crises in the process, so thank you for that. The over/under was 3.5.
1. What was your favourite childhood book?
I liked the Winnie The Pooh Halloween book because it had pop-up pictures, but the correct answer to this question is probably one of the books from A Series of Unfortunate Events.
2. What was your favorite TV show as a child?
There were so many. Mr. Dressup was really good. It was basically the Canadian version of Mr. Rogers. I also liked: Recess, Smart Guy, Boy Meets World, Polka Dot Shorts, and Scooby-Doo.
3. What book did you read in secret as a kid?
I don’t think it was in secret, but I remember sitting behind the rocking chair in my room and reading a Jacob Two-Two book. It was a nice, comfortable corner, that I’m sad I grew out of.
4. What album and CD do you love and know by heart?
This is tough because I only own four CDs. It’s a tie between the Soundtrack from Rocky (never seen any of the movies) and The Goo Goo Dolls Greatest Hits.
If we’re going off of albums/CDs that I don’t own a physical copy of, then it’s the This Is War album by 30 Seconds To Mars.
5. What book did you hate as a student?
I don’t remember all the books I had to read, but I don’t know if I hated any. I definitely found a few boring, though. That being said, I didn’t enjoy decoding every line of Shakespeare’s plays.
6. What is your all-time favorite movie?
I normally say it’s a tie between Home Alone and Mrs. Doubtfire, but Angels In The Outfield is right up there as well.
7. What song always lifts your mood?
Running Up That Hill. Doesn’t matter if it’s the Placebo or Kate Bush version.
8. What is the last book you read?
The Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant.
9. Which TV shows have you binge-watched? Why?
Atypical, Ozark, The OC, and Veronica Mars, to name a few. The OC and Veronica Mars were from the library, so I only had a week. As for the other two, it’s because I felt like it.
10. If you were an animal, which animal would you be?
A dog. I would want to play fetch for hours. As a human being, I just want to find someone I can play catch with for hours. The desire is transferrable.
11. What was your most embarrassing moment?
I’m not prepared to share some of them yet, but here’s one I will. When I was in Grade 12, I got a sunburn on my face from playing basketball outside for a few hours. We were in the shade the whole time, so I was betrayed by the sun.
The next day, my face was quite red and I had to do a 20-minute presentation in front of my English class. To make matters worse, a kid in Grade 9 passed me in the hall and laughed at my sunburn. Again, I was in Grade 12.
Moral of the story: Stay inside.
12. What famous author would you most like to meet?
I’ve never had the urge to meet any of them, honestly.
13. What in your past would you most like to change?
There was this cashier at school who was like my mom away from mom. I wish I would’ve gotten her a present, or a card, on my final day.
14. Describe your most profound musical experience.
I don’t think I have one. The closest thing would be when I discovered the band 30 Seconds To Mars in April 2011. Before then, I never really had a favourite band because I never liked more than a couple songs from any band.
But then I found this group and went from song to song on YouTube and liked all of them.
15. What important classic book have you never read?
I’ve barely read any of them. I don’t remember what books are about after I’m done reading them, so I’d rather read non-fiction and learn something real about someone or something.
16. What is your least favourite food?
Cantaloupe. I’ve gagged every time I’ve tried it.
17. What movie, book, or music always makes you cry?
At first I didn’t think I had an answer to this question and then I remembered how I had to stop listening to the song, Dark Blue by Jack’s Mannequin because it always sent me. That was many years ago, though, and I should be fine if I listen to it now.
I just listened to the song and my right eye is a bit wet. I don’t understand.
18. What actor or actress do you have a crush on?
This question has always been hard for me because “actress” isn’t the profession from which I get my celebrity crushes. That being said, my answer is Anna Kendrick.
19. Would you rather be a vampire or a zombie? Why?
Vampire. I vant to suck your blood. But also, they make time for sleep. Zombies are always on the move and don’t nap.
20. What book at home would you use to squash a bug?
The Scrabble Dictionary. It has a smooth cover.
21. Which character would you like to be in Harry Potter?
I thought about this one a lot and have narrowed it down to Harry Potter, Ron Weasley, Hagrid, and Dobby. I’ll figure this out as I type.
Harry is at the centre of everything, but that’s because people want him dead, so that’s a no.
I love Dobby, but he’s CGI and I’m more of a KFC, so I guess we can cancel him out.
Ron is funny, has a great mom, and a tight friend circle, but I already have all that in real life.
Therefore, I would want to be Hagrid. I like that he has his own hut.
22. What song would you most like to sing on stage?
A Thousand Miles by Vanessa Carlton. There better be a piano. I can’t play the piano.
Total Eclipse of the Heart would also be fun, but it’d have to be a duet. Sign up below, if you’re interested!
23. Do you like your name? What name would you prefer?
Yes I do.
24. What do most people not know about you?
I’ve never had chocolate milk.
25. If you could live anywhere, where would you live?
Somewhere in Canada.
26. If you could go back in time, where would you go?
Back to university.
27. What poems have you memorized? Recite one of them?
“Timothy Winters goes to school with eyes as wide as a football pool. Ears like bombs and teeth like splinters, a blitz of a boy is Timothy Winters.”
We had to read two poems to the class in Grade 7 and that was the first stanza of one of mine, which I found on the internet.
28. Who in your life has made a strong impression on you?
My high school English teacher.
29. Do you have a recurring dream? Describe it.
Not really. But I do have what I call “false finishes” to dreams. I’ll exit a dream and transition into another dream where I’m waking up in the morning. It feels so real, right down to the scrolling through social media part. But then harsh realities present themselves and I finally wake up for real.
It’s like I wake up twice, but the first time is a false finish.
30. What epitaph would you like on your tombstone?
“My blog friends think I’m on hiatus.”
Let me know what you thought of my answers and feel free to answer these questions in a post of your own. So who’s my duet partner going to be?