Hi there. Me again with another freestyle writing challenge. This time, Sooch from lilrants nominated me. Go stalk her great blog, thanks!
Here are the rules that you can skip over if you haven’t been nominated.
1. Open an MS Word document. (I wrote mine in a WP draft to get the word count and then added the rest of the post afterwards.)
2. Set a stop watch or your mobile to 5 minutes or 10 minutes whichever challenge you think you can beat.
3. Your topic is at the foot of this post BUT DO NOT SCROLL DOWN TO SEE IT UNTIL YOU ARE READY WITH A TIMER.
4. Fill the word doc with as many words as you can in the time limit. Once you began writing do not stop even to turn.
5. Do not cheat by going back and correcting spellings and grammar with spell check in MS WORD (it is only meant for you to reflect on your own control of sensible thought flow and for you to reflect on your ability to write the right spelling and stick to grammar rules)
6. You may or may not pay attention to punctuation and CAPITALS. However if you do, it would be best.
7. At the end of your post write down ‘No. Of words =_____’ so that we would have an idea of how much you can write within the time frame.
8. Do not forget to copy & paste the entire passage on your blog post with a new Topic for your nominees (at least 5) and copy & paste these rules with your nominations.
The topic Sooch assigned to me was ANARCHY. Aren’t I fortunate? I decided to do the 5 minute challenge.
Anarchy? Really, Sooch?
I was a teenage anarchist. The revolution was a lie. Don’t you remember when you were young and you wanted to set the world on fire?
Calm down, that last paragraph were lyrics from a song.
I have no clue what I’m going to write about anarchy. How am I supposed to make this somewhat funny?
Well, I guess if you re-arrange the letters you can spell out “A Ranchy”. Sounds like a potato chip flavour. “Hi, do you carry A Ranchy chips in your store?”
Alright, the clock is ticking.
From what I understand, it’s when people or groups don’t follow authority. They want to live without abiding by any laws.
I don’t know, on the surface that seems okay. Then again, people are nuts and we couldn’t possibly live in a world without authority.
People would just walk into grocery stores and take food and walk out. There wouldn’t be repercussions. You want a holiday ham? Go get it. Frozen pizzas? Take four. Proscuitto? Take the whole thing. A Ranchy potato chips? Intercept the delivery truck out back.
I think we need laws, otherwise the world would be a mess and people would eat too much free food, become overweight, and die.
There Sooch, I talked about anarchy for five minutes.
Number of words: 217
Go check out the great blogs I’m nominating!
My topic for all of you is YOUR CHILDHOOD.
This topic was inspired by Meghan. She thinks for me when I can’t think for myself.