Every time I receive an award and write one of these acceptance speeches, I tell myself it will be the last time I do it. Then I realize that
I like the attention too much to ever quit I get a thrill out of these things, especially because I get to tell people to go follow a bunch of great blogs that I read every day.
I woke up to two blogger awards today. After the initial shock it wasn’t three, I got on with my day.
I’ll do one award at a time and then list off a bunch of nominations at the end.
Award Number One – The Versatile Blogger Award.
Thank you fellow Canadian, Ashley, for the nomination! Please check out her blog, The Optimist. (As I was writing this post, I was nominated for The Versatile Blogger Award again by Moxie Luster. She just reached 100 followers; go give her blog a read!
Here are the rules:
1. Thank the person who gave you this award.
2. Include a link to their blog.
3. Select 15 blogs/bloggers that you’ve recently discovered or follow regularly.
4. Nominate those 15 bloggers for the Versatile Blogger Award.
5. Tell the person who nominated you 7 things about yourself.
Alright, here are 7 things about me. I just reposted a re-introduction post yesterday, so I’ll have to dig deep for some new info.
1. I am obsessed with sports, even though I don’t talk about them a lot on this blog.
2. I think non-scented sunscreen still smells and has a sticky feeling to it.
3. Homemade pancakes are the best. Store bought pancake mixes are not.
4. A waitress once poured ice cubes down my back “by accident” while refilling my drink.
5. I’ve been in two watermelon eating contests. Lost both. Happily retired now.
6. I don’t want to go sky diving.
7. Freshly cut grass, BBQ, and a bakery are my three favourite smells.
Thanks again, Ashley and Moxie Luster, for the nomination! Much appreciated!
Award Number Two – The Liebster Award
Thank you to my friend (are we friends?) Little Rants over at lilrant for the nomination! I’m not sure of you’re first name so I’ll refer to you as Ms. Rants or “My Jail Jumpsuit Buddy” (Inside joke, long story). Please check out her great blog!
1. Thank the person who nominated you.
2. Display the award.
3. Nominate 10 other blogs.
4. Answer the 10 questions the blogger who nominated you asked.
5. Ask 10 questions for your nominees.
Geesh, so demanding!
1. Are you a morning person?
Sort of? I write my blog posts between midnight and 4AM. If I don’t they would be terrible. I guess I’m more of a night person then, even though I’m technically awake in the wee hours of the morning. Why are these questions so tough?
2. Which Internet fad, to date, do you think has been the dumbest?
Neknominations. I think that’s what they were called. Basically, idiots filmed themselves chugging alcohol in a “creative” manner.
3. What is it that you love best about blogging?
I get to travel the world by staring at a computer screen. I get to interact with people from others countries and form friendships with people I will probably never meet.
4. Your weirdest habit?
Hmm, everything I do is a weird habit. I don’t know how to answer this, it’s been 20 minutes haha.
5. Are you a tea person?
No. I don’t drink hot drinks.
6. What’s been the most embarrassing moment of your life?
Oh, I’m not ready to share that one yet. Many more years need to go by first! Sorry, I keep dodging questions.
7. Do you like Krispy Kreme or Dunkin Donuts better?
I’ve never had Dunkin Donuts. I don’t think we have them in Canada. We used to have Krispy Kreme, but they closed! Krispy Kreme was great. Conveyor belts of donuts and free samples as you wait in line…donut heaven.
8. Stupid health fads you’ve religiously followed and decided they were “meeeeeh”?
I don’t think I’ve ever followed a health fad. I follow my nose to the fridge, though!
9. Your favourite TV show?
Oh man. I could write a whole blog about TV. I like Survivor. I also like The Walking Dead.
10. One thing you can’t leave home without?
A sense of humour.
Alright, my 10 questions are: (Little Rants, feel free to answer these in the comments).
1. Do you sleep with one leg hanging out of your bed, both tucked in, or other?
2. What’s your nickname?
3. If you could create a perfect meal, what would it include?
4. What was the last song you listened to?
5. Biggest fear?
6. What’s your hidden talent?
7. Name any three people (past or present) you would go for ice cream with.
8. What makes you so awesome?
9. Name something you’ve ruined.
10. Five words that don’t describe you.
Now then, I’m going to nominate a bunch of blogs. I encourage you to check them out. If you’re blog is listed here, don’t feel pressured to accept the award(s) and create your own post for it. However, if you want to accept the award, you can choose one of the two blog awards I posted and follow the rules for them, OR you can accept both awards! Completely up to you.
A lot of these are “newish” blogs, some aren’t. I like helping out new blogs because I know the feeling of just starting a blog, being a bit lost, and wondering if anyone cares.
Sane Teachers – A lot of people call themselves my #1 fan, but Barb might actually fight you for that distinction. She’s a wonderful person and mentions me in (what seems to be) all of her posts.
Hannah Mekeel – We have very similar writing styles. Her posts make me laugh.
Chey Chey from the Bay – Chelsea has one of the most articulate and easy to read About Me pages I’ve ever seen. She also posts pictures of food that make me hungry.
#Better Be A Hit – Only been following for day, but Aaron posts a variety of different things while sticking to a “Better Be” theme. Check it out!
The Girl Who Can’t Sit Still – Three posts in and she already has a great writing style and blogger voice.
A Life of Ifs, Ands, or Buts – Less than a week into blogging, Stephanie already sounds like a pro!
Justjenowen – Jen’s blog is new, easy to read, and relatable. Give it a follow!
Kathy Paton – Kathy created her blog not even 24 hours ago. She’s not sure if anyone out there will read it (we’ve all been there). Check it out and let her know someone is reading it!
Hey Meghan… – Meghan has a great blog that deserves a bigger audience.
Words To Mend – Jessie is a new blogger with heartfelt posts. Give her a follow!
Cute and Confident – Alyssa just came off of the 30 Day Blogging Challenge, and although I can’t use the advice in her post about beauty products, I’m sure a lot of you would find it helpful.
In My Cluttered Attic – Paul likes to call his blog the most impossible to find blog on the Internet, so don’t tell him I tipped you off! He’s hilarious and has always taken the time to read my blog. I appreciate it. Pauls stick together.
The Finicky Cynic – If WordPress is accurate, she is three followers away from 500! She has a great blog with topics for anyone to enjoy. Let’s get her to 500!
I Haven’t Done Laundry in a Month – Jules has one of the best blog titles I’ve ever come across. So relatable. Check it out!
Ben’s Bitter Blog – To me, he’s reached WordPress celebrity status. He’s so bitterly entertaining.
Writing Life – Currently doing the 30 Day Blog Challenge, I always enjoy reading Lyndsi’s posts. She has a great taste in music too!
Post Curfew Wonderments – Yesterday, this blogger told me they were reading my blog for entertainment while on a train ride. That meant a lot…so did the numerous “likes” she sent my blog’s way.
The Blog of Tony Burgess – I haven’t been following Tony for long, but his blog seems like such a happy place. Check it out!
Robyn Christi – Her lists to explain certain things are really entertaining.
Yellow.Fever – The combination of Mindy’s humour and daily escapades make for a must read blog. Never fails to make me laugh.