1. I can write about anything I want.
2. For some reason, people will read it.
3. For some other reason, people will compliment it.
4. I get a huge ego boost when that happens.
5. My blog is the best.
6. Let me reiterate that, my blog is the best.
7. I can use sarcasm.
8. I can use humour.
9. I can spell humour with a “u”.
10. I can be sarcastically cocky.
11. I can use a phrase like “sarcastically cocky” and not know if it’s a real term.
12. I have no idea if people pick up on my sarcastic cockiness, or not.
13. I have inner conversations with myself projected on a computer screen.
14. I get to interact with people.
15. From Canada.
16. From the United States of America.
17. From the United Kingdom.
18. From Australia.
19. From Niue.
20. I get to make new friends.
21. I don’t have to text these friends.
22. I don’t have to call these friends.
23. I just know they are there when I post something.
24. They know I am there when they post something.
25. I get to learn about people I may never meet.
26. People get to learn about me.
27. We can relate to each other.
28. I can see something from their point-of-view.
29. I can receive a random compliment that will make my day.
30. I can pay it forward and compliment someone on their blog.
31. Random compliments are powerful.
32. Bloggers are friendly.
33. Bloggers are funny.
34. Bloggers are not the grammar police.
35. Bloggers will stalk your About Me page.
36. Which puts a lot of pressure on me to make my About Me page worth reading.
37. Thankfully, I get to edit my About Me page a million times.
38. I can write some heartfelt stuff.
39. I can write some funny stuff.
40. I can write some annoying stuff.
41. I can write some rants.
42. I can write a list of things.
43. I can write.
44. I can inspire other people to write.
45. I get messages from people telling me I inspired them to write.
46. That makes me feel like this is important.
47. That makes me feel like people care.
48. This is more fun when people care.
49. This is even more fun when people show that they care.
50. I was Freshly Pressed.
51. I was shocked.
52. And then I was Freshly Pressed, again.
53. And then I was shocked, again.
54. A stranger told me one of my posts changed their life.
55. And then another one told me the same thing.
56. In reality, they changed my life.
56. Strange things happen when you speak your mind.
57. Good things happen when you speak your mind.
58. My blog is not just a website.
59. My blog is not careless.
60. My blog is not a shadow.
61. My blog is not a dog. It is a blog.
62. My blog is a collection of what I was thinking on specific days at specific times.
63. I get to make people laugh.
64. I get to feel their smile radiate through the screen.
65. I get joy out of knowing someone laughed at something I said.
66. Sometimes, I read my old posts.
67. I wonder what I was thinking when I wrote them.
68. I can’t believe I came up with half the things I wrote.
69. Searching for new blogs is fun.
70. Searching for blogs that are just starting is also fun.
71. I get to see people introduce themselves to WordPress.
72. I get to see people write their first post with ease.
73. I think to myself, “They were meant to blog.”
74. It makes me realize my first post was terrible.
75. The only way to get better at this is to keep writing.
76. And by writing, I mean typing.
77. It’s not like writing an essay for school.
78. It’s not like writing an email.
79. It’s not like sending a text.
80. It’s like talking to yourself and then realizing someone heard you.
81. Only when they hear you, they think what you said was pretty cool.
82. They don’t think you’re crazy.
83. I hope they don’t think I’m crazy.
84. I can’t control how other people think.
85. I can only hope they don’t think reading my blog was a waste of time.
86. Reading other blogs provides me with ideas for my own.
87. Bloggers want their blog to do well.
88. But they’re even happier when someone else’s blog does well.
89. Anyone can blog.
90. You can blog.
91. I never thought I would blog.
92. I still don’t know what a proper blog post is supposed to look like.
93. Such a thing may not even exist.
94. There is no right way.
95. There is no wrong way.
96. There is only your way.
98. My way.
99. Or the highway.
100. It’s a beautiful thing.
- Follow The Captain's Speech on WordPress.com
- 50 Thoughts XIII
- You Gonna Eat That?
- A Letter To Suchie
- A Letter To Squid
- Know You Then
- A Captain’s Speech
- A Letter To Issa
- I’ll Take You To The Barber Shop
- Viewing Notes: The Bachelorette Finale
- Paulo’s Kitchen: Turkey Bagel
- Livin’ On A Hair
- My Favourite School Assignments
- Pictures of You, Pictures of Me
- I Am Sick
- Blogging 307
- Something New
- Viewing Notes: The Bachelorette Ep. 9
- Pets and Paul
Follow Me On TwitterMy Tweets
This is me. This is my blog. Welcome.
Recent Fan Mail
Ariel Lynn on 50 Thoughts XIII Paul on 50 Thoughts XIII Ariel Lynn on 50 Thoughts XIII Paul on 50 Thoughts XIII Paul on 50 Thoughts XIII
TagsAbout Me Anecdote Blog Blogger Blogging Childhood College Culture Fiction Food Friends Funny Humor Humour Identity Inspiration Letter Life Lifestyle Love Lyrics music Nostalgia Opinion People Personal Poem Poems Poet Random Reflection Relationships Sarcasm School Sports Story Thoughts WordPress WPLongform Writing
- Letters Written As OfAugust 16th, 201728
Next Letter: Barb