I have been nominated for the Versatile Blogger Award by one of my favourite bloggers on WordPress, Mark Bialczak.
If you don’t do anything else today, I suggest you check out his, always entertaining, blog:
Here is a link to the rules of this award:
Next, I must nominate 15 bloggers/blogs for this award. These are blogs that I enjoy reading and I hope you take a bit of time to click on each one and see what they are about. I promise you, you’ll like them. Now, without any further adieu, the nominees are….
Lastly, I must list seven things about myself. This shouldn’t be too hard, right? Wrong. I’ll probably be struggling by #3.
1. I am from Canada and have never travelled outside of Canada. And no, we don’t say “eh” as much as you think we do. I think I might write a blog about “eh” sometime.
2. I love sports. All sports. If you like talking about sports, let me know!
3. Well, we’re at #3 and I’m struggling. I will be attending the 2014 NHL Winter Classic in Detroit on January 1st. Look for some blog posts about it around then! Shameless plug.
4. I do not like onion rings. I think they taste terrible. I was once given onion rings, instead of fries, at a restaurant because they had run out of fries. The onion rings ruined my meal. Terrible before, during, and after taste.
5. I’ve never broken a bone. Must be all that milk I drink. The worst thing to happen to me has been a torn ligament in my finger caused by a basketball in gym class. I’ll never forget going to the hospital and sitting in the waiting room…waiting. It was during the SARS outbreak. I had to wear a gown and face mask, while I stared at a picture frame that said “Saskatoon”, for 3 hours. I always recall that moment whenever I see the word “Saskatoon.”
6. I worked at a summer camp for two years. I never had a problem falling asleep right after dinner. Children are tiresome and gullible. I ruined their knock knock jokes. They’d say “knock knock”. I’d reply with “come in”. Bam. Joke ruined! I’ve never seen a five-year-old so rattled in my life. You should try it sometime!
7. Apparently I eat burgers and sandwiches upside down. Apparently this is “wrong”. “Apparently” most people pick up the burger/sandwich and bring it straight to their mouth. I don’t. My natural motion forces me to flip the burger/sandwich, so that the top bun is facing down when it enters my mouth. If there is anyone else out there who does this, let me know and we can raise an eyebrow at everyone else!
Well, that’s it. Again, I’d like to thank Mark for this award. I shall clear a spot on my shelf for this trophy.
Oh, there is no physical trophy? I’ll still clear space, anyways.
Thanks for reading!